Here are some of the many volunteer roles at Loaves & Fishes:
Opportunities to work directly with clients (must be 18 or older):
- Greeter – Welcome our clients to the Pantry.
- Steward – Meet with the clients, prepare them for the shopping experience and assist them in identifying additional resources.
- Clothing Room Attendant – Assist clients in shopping for outfits for their family members.
- Food Distributor – Accompany clients through the Pantry to shop for groceries.
- USDA Clerk – Record information from the clients which entitles them to additional food items.
- Back Pantry – Receive, date check, sort and stock shelves with food and personal care items.
- Bag Assistant – Assist clients with loading their groceries into their vehicle.
Prefer to work behind the scenes?
- Shelf Stockers – Receive, date check, sort and stock shelves with donation goods. This task is done on Monday and Wednesday evening from 7:00p.m.- 8:00p.m.
- Driver – Pick-up donations at locations throughout the community and deliver them to Loaves & Fishes.
- Truck Off-Loaders – Assist in off-loading trucks on a weekly basis.
- Administrative Support – Tuesdays from9AM -1PM: Provide clerical support to the Staff including data entry, receptionist duties, filing, etc.
Do you have professional skills to offer?
- Writers/Editors – Write or edit for our quarterly newsletter or local news pieces. Prepare narratives for our grant writing efforts.
- Photographers/Videographers/Designers – Use your creative talents to help us in our outreach efforts.
- Committee Work – Work with others to build our infrastructure:
- Finance Committee
- Marketing/Public Relations o Community Relations
- Policy Development
Are you a handy-man or do you enjoy working outdoors?
- Ground Upkeep – Mow, rake and weed the grounds.
- Building Maintenance – Small repair and maintenance projects in the facility.
Do you like to work with groups?
- Tour Guides – Assist the Staff in providing tours of the Pantry to new volunteers and others.
- Drives Team – Help us coordinate food, clothing and other special drives throughout the community.
Is technology your thing?
Perhaps you might like to help us maintain our:
- Facebook page
- Microsoft Access Database Management
- Constant Contact account
- Develop videos for YouTube
- Tweet on Twitter
Interested in a one-time experience rather than an ongoing commitment?
Consider helping with one of our special events, good times guaranteed:
- Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution
- Holiday Dinner Distribution
- Shop for Your Parents
- Shop for Your Kids
- Backpack Program
- Good Friday Walk
- Shirley Scout Drive
- Postal Workers’ Food Drive