The Delivery Truck Driver is responsible for driving the Loaves & Fishes 24’ truck in making routine and special pickups and deliveries to/from the Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB), food donation sites, food drive locations and other area pantries. Responsible for ensuring delivery loads are secured, delivered and unloaded according to pre-established schedules. Ensures the truck is maintained and cared for according to proper procedures. Reports to the Executive Director or delegated staff member.
Hours and Benefits
- This is a part-time position working approximately 15 hours per week typically on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Schedule is subject to change with advance notice.
- Other local special pickups and deliveries may be added to the schedule as needed.
- Position offers an hourly rate of approximately $21 and a $1,000 hiring bonus.
- Position offers paid time off and holidays.
- All Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry, Inc. staff and volunteers are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination.
- High School education plus 3 years driving experience. Must demonstrate a safe driving record at time of hire and on an ongoing basis subject to an annual Motor Vehicle Record/Driver’s License check.
- Must provide initial proof of medical clearance to operate a truck and every two years after that.
- Must be able to comfortably drive and maneuver a 24’ truck (No CDL required).
- Must be physically able to operate a pallet jack and lift gate and lift up to 50 lb. boxes, cartons and other objects/deliverables.
- Must be reliable in executing established schedules and plans, and communicating any issues. Able to adapt to scheduling changes when demand changes and/or emergencies occur.
- Has a commitment to the mission and goals of Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry, Inc.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.