Here are some of the volunteer roles at Loaves & Fishes:
Opportunities to work directly with clients (must be 18 or older):
- Greeter – Welcome our clients to the Pantry.
- Steward – Meet with the clients, prepare them for the shopping experience and assist them in identifying additional resources.
- Food Distributor – Accompany clients through the Pantry to shop for groceries.
- USDA Clerk – Record information from the clients which entitles them to additional food items.
- Back Pantry – Receive, date check, sort and stock shelves with food and personal care items.
- Bag Assistant – Assist clients with loading their groceries into their vehicle.
Prefer to work behind the scenes?
- Shelf Stockers – Receive, date check, sort and stock shelves with donation goods. This task is done on Monday and Wednesday evening from 7:00p.m.- 8:00p.m, and the Friday afternoon before the Saturday sessions, from 3:30p.m.-4:30p.m.
- Driver – Pick-up donations at locations throughout the community and deliver them to Loaves & Fishes.
- Truck Off-Loaders – Assist in off-loading trucks on a weekly basis.
- Administrative Support – Provide office support to the Staff including data entry, receptionist duties, filing, etc.
Do you have professional skills to offer?
- Outreach/Marketing Assistance – Assist with local news pieces, prepare narratives for grants, create or revise outreach marketing & program material, create flyers & posters for display and events, assist with giveaways and setup at scheduled events.
- Photographers/Videographers/Designers – Use your creative talents to help us in our outreach efforts.
- Committee Work:
- Finance Committee
- Outreach/Marketing/Public Relations/Events
- Policy Development
Are you a handy-man or do you enjoy working outdoors?
- Ground Upkeep – Mow, rake, weed and water the grounds.
- Building Maintenance – Small repair and maintenance projects in the facility.
Do you like to work with groups?
- Tour Guides – Assist the Staff in providing tours of the Pantry to new volunteers and others.
- Drives Team – Help us coordinate food and other special drives throughout the community.
Is technology your thing?
Perhaps you might like to assist with one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Access Database
- Donor Database
- Constant Contact Updates & E-Mail Campaigns
- Develop videos for YouTube
- Take photos at events
Interested in a one-time experience rather than an ongoing commitment?
Consider helping with one of our special events, good times guaranteed:
- Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution
- Holiday Dinner Distribution
- Good Friday Walk
- Shirley Scout Drive
- Postal Workers’ Food Drive
- Other community events throughout the year