We hope you are all doing well and managing to stay healthy during this difficult time. As you know, the Pantry has been temporarily closed for the past few weeks in order to regroup.
Our staff team has been working very hard to recruit new volunteers, establish a fleet of trucks and drivers to retrieve our orders from the Greater Boston Food Bank, fine tune the drive-thru operation and ensure that enhanced safety protocols are in place.
We are happy to announce that the Pantry will reopen on Friday, April 24th!
If you or someone you know needs help with groceries, we encourage you to visit.
We will be operating as a drive-thru pantry
Drive-thru Pantry Dates & Times through May 2020
(will be updated for June in mid to late May)
Friday, April 24, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Wednesday, May 6, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Friday, May 8, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Saturday, May 16, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Friday, May 22, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Wednesday, May 27, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Friday, May 29, 2020 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
What to expect on your visit:
- You’ll remain in your car and line-up on the Pantry side of the road. A member of our crew will be there to direct you.
- You’ll speak with another member of our crew and provide your name, address and a few other details about your household.
- You’ll then proceed to the grocery pick-up area in the rear of the building and load your groceries into your car.
You’ll receive shelf stable items, fresh produce, frozen meats & vegetables, bread & pastries and milk vouchers to be used at Shop n Save in Ayer.
If you need additional assistance and resources, our client services team can be reached by phone at (978)772-4627 x312 or by email.
You can help!
If you’d like to help … there are 3 ways you can make a difference:
- We can always use more volunteers – contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
- We need box trucks and drivers to pick-up our weekly orders at the Greater Boston Food Bank. Please email our food coordinator if you or someone you know can help.
- Financial support is appreciated even more than usual during this crisis. We anticipate that our client numbers will be increasing dramatically during the coming weeks and financial support will be needed to keep our shelves stocked. You can make a donation on-line or you can mail a donation to Loaves & Fishes, Box 1, Ayer, MA 01432.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding & support, particularly during this difficult time.
Loaves & Fishes is back, stronger than ever and ready to help our neighbors.
Our best to each of you for good health.
We will continue to monitor the situation and the health and safety or our clients, volunteers and staff. We hope to be able to remain open continuously.