On behalf of the Board of Directors and Staff Team, I would like to extend my sincere thanks to everyone for your patience, understanding and cooperation during the past 3+ years as we did our best to navigate through the Pandemic.
We are happy to inform you of the following changes to our COVID-19 protocol:
- Screening questions will no longer be asked upon entry to the Pantry
- Clients will no longer be required to wear masks in the drive-thru unless they have a fever, a bad cough, have been exposed to anyone with COVID or are concerned that they might have COVID
- Volunteers/Staff will no longer be required to wear masks when working in a client facing role. The only exceptions are if a client asks you to put a mask on or if we observe a client wearing a mask – out of courtesy for the client, we will ask you to use a mask as well.
- Full vaccine plus one booster will no longer be required to volunteer/work at the Pantry
Things which will remain the same:
- If you are ill (fever, bad cough), please do not come to the Pantry
- If you have a mild cough, nasal congestion or anything suggestive of a virus or allergies we ask that you wear a mask
- If you show any signs of illness which are concerning while at the Pantry, we reserve the right to ask you to leave
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please follow the guidance available on mass.gov which as of today indicates isolation for a minimum of 5 days and wearing a mask for 10 days
- If you were exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please follow the guidance available on mass.gov which as of today indicates that you must wear a mask for 10 days
Our two team structure will remain in place for the drive-thru sessions. Stocking sessions, truck off-loading sessions and other events will be open to both teams.
We trust that you will make good decisions for your health and that of others at the Pantry. Again, my sincere thanks. It’s been a challenging time but together, we were able to keep the Pantry open and continue to support our neighbors in need. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at email@example.com or by phone at (978)772-4627 x310.
Patricia A. Stern