It takes a lot of food because the need is great!
- In an average week, 11,500 lbs. of food is distributed to our neighbors in need.
- Over 600,000 lbs. of food was distributed last year
- 824 families visited the Food Pantry last year
- 200 or one quarter of those families were new clients to the Food Pantry
- In 2015, those families made 6,879 shopping trips to the pantry.
We depend upon your generosity to meet the growing need for nutritious food.
SHELF STABLE FOODS
- Donations must be in their original packaging, labeled, unopened and not be compromised in any way.
- Produce must be store/market-purchased or commercially/organically grown. Homegrown produce is welcome provided that insecticides have not been used within 21 days of harvesting.
PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine care products, diapers, bladder control products, etc. are welcome.
- Toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, napkins, laundry detergent, dish soap, cleaners, storage bags, etc. are welcome.
- Refrigerated or frozen products are accepted provided that the packaging is unopened, the product is within the expiration/sell by date and must be cold or still frozen when delivered.
- Frozen product past the sell by date is only accepted from businesses from which we have a donation agreement in which they have agreed to freeze the product prior to the sell by date.
- Though we accept pet food for cats, dogs and birds only, our focus is food to feed our neighbors in need.
We Cannot Accept:
- Homemade goods
- Dietary supplements including vitamins
- Medicines or over the counter drugs
- Any item containing or suggesting that it contains alcohol
Bring Your Donations To:
- Collection boxes throughout our service area. We are thankful to our community partners who prominently display our donation boxes.
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry
- During any Open Pantry Session
- Monday & Wednesday evenings from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.